Search This Blog

Makeup Monday- Mascara

It is Monday, so I'm talking about makeup. Before I start talking about the Mascara, that I'm SUPER excited about, I want to tell yo...

It is Monday, so I'm talking about makeup. Before I start talking about the Mascara, that I'm SUPER excited about, I want to tell you a story as to why I'm so excited.

For as long as I can remember, I've been what we in my family lovingly call a "fancy" girl. I love glitter, sparkle, fancy shoes, pretty dresses and makeup. ALL the makeup.

In high school, I started wearing makeup as more than just "dress up". I had so much pretty stuff. But you know what else I had? Eyelashes that fell out. Not just a little either. My eyelashes would get itchy. And the only way to relieve the itch was to literally pull on my eyelashes. And they would come out in chunks. Sure, we're supposed to lose 2-3 eyelashes per day. That is pretty manageable. What if you lost 12 or more, EVERY SINGLE DAY. Needless to say, my mascara days were numbered. I finally quit wearing makeup all together because my eyelashes had gotten so thin.

Fast forward over a decade. I thought for sure my problem was the wrong mascara. I finally had enough money to try more expensive mascara. So I started trying different mascaras. Guess what, eyelashes still falling out... 😱 I tried everything I could find locally. I started trying "natural" products I could order online. I went to Whole Foods and bought all the ones they had. I bought expensive mascara and cheap mascara. I tried organic mascara and chemical laden mascara. My eyelashes always fell out. And I don't want to talk about all the money I had to throw away.

I came to expect that wearing mascara simply meant my eyelashes would itch and fall out. I started saving "makeup" days for special occasions only. It broke my spirit. I wanted to be fancy and I couldn't.

Finally, my friend Courtney reached out and said, "Hey I've got this really cool makeup line that I think you'd love." I have to admit, seeing her eyelashes, I knew I wanted "that." What I didn't want was more disappointment and to have my eyelashes all fall out.

The day I tried the Younique 3D fiber lashes I was hooked! I didn't get itchy. I didn't have eyelashes falling out. And WHOA mama. They look fabulous. Of course I bought makeup. More makeup. So awesome.

But when they talked about releasing the new Epic Mascara I was on the edge of my seat. 1 coat. And ready to go. I wanted THAT! If I bought the presenter's kit, I could have it early. I NEEDED it early. I wanted it NOW!

So I bought the presenter kit just to get my hands on the Epic Mascara. I am so glad I did. 1 coat and I'm out the door.

Don't believe me?

Here's a side by side comparison. I'm never going back.


Left is of course Epic. Right, definitely not. :)

If you'd like to get your hands on some Epic Mascara (it is currently on back order!), or any other Younique Product, reach out. I'd be happy to help.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

These Reads

Analytics ( do not remove )